This wireless weather station provides accurate, reliable weather monitoring in a self-contained, easy-to-install system. Includes outdoor sensor array and LCD console. Mounting hardware included; mounting pole sold separately.
The 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station provides accurate, reliable weather monitoring in a self-contained, easy-to-install system. Designed to provide the weather data you need for home use, educational purposes, boating and more, the Vantage Vue includes a sleek but tough outdoor Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) and a comprehensive console. The ISS sets up in minutes and starts sending data wirelessly to your console anywhere in your home, school, or business–within a 1,000-foot range. The ISS updates to the easy-to-read LCD screen on your console every 2.5-seconds. Constantly updated readouts provide you with current weather conditions, including indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point, and rainfall. The user-friendly console features a backlit, 3 by 4.375-inch LCD screen and a glow-in-the-dark keypad that allows you multiple views and functions including weather forecasting, moon phase and sunrise/sunset times, graphing of weather trends, alarms and more. Vantage Vue’s innovative Weather Center button will display additional data on weather variables for today and over the last 25 days. Finally, with the optional WeatherLink data logger and software you can gain access to additional weather analyses in a variety of versions.
The sleek and tough Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) is built to stand up to intense weather conditions.
- Forecast Icons: Icons let you know to expect sun, part sun, clouds, rain, or snow.
- Variable Display Options: See updated variables every 10 seconds for heat index and wind chill to get a better “feel” for the outside environment.
- Weather Center: provides additional information for each weather variable, such as daily highs and lows, temperature changes by the hour and barometric value changes. Also displays astronomical data such as meteor showers.
- User-Friendly Keypad: Domed buttons are easy to sense and press. Glow-in-the-dark keypad offer day and night usability.
- Retransmits: Main console can extend range to additional consoles up to 1,000 feet away.
- Graphs: Graph the last 25 hours, days or months. View up to 50 graphs including temperature, rain, rain rate, wind and barometric pressure–all on the console.
- “This Time Yesterday” Feature: Data point on the graph indicates the weather during the same time yesterday to help compare and analyze day-to-day weather trends.
- Alarms: Set 22 simultaneous, different alarms to warn of dangers such as high winds, freezing temperatures, rain rate, flood warning, and more.
- Time and Date: View the current time and date or the time of sunrise/sunset.
- Moon Phase: See the eight phases of the moon from new to full.
- Barometer: Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or stable.
- Temperature and Humidity: Console updates outside temperature every 10 seconds and inside temperature every minute. In addition, outside humidity updates every 50 seconds and inside humidity every minute.
- Rain: Console updates rain totals and rain rate every 20 seconds for the last 25 hours, days, months.
- Wind Speed: See wind speed updates every 2.5 seconds, in miles per hour, meters per second, kilometers per hour, and knots. Provides the average and high wind speed for two-minute and ten-minute intervals.
- Units of Measure: Data is reported in US standard units.
Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) Features:
- Wireless: Frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio frequency from 902 to 928 MHz ensures consistent transmission up to 1,000 feet from integrated sensor suite to console. Survived cyclic corrosion tests simulating wear in extreme weather environments
- Solar-powered with stored energy backup: Solar Panel energizes the station during the day. On-board super capacitor provides power at night. Lithium battery provides backup when needed.
- Rain Collector: Self-emptying tipping spoon measures rain with 0.01-inch resolution.
- Anemometer: Records wind speeds from two to 150 miles per hour.
- Wind Direction: Measures wind direction in compass points or degrees.
- Temperature/Relative Humidity: Outside temperature readings from -40 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to 65 degrees Celsius). Measures relative humidity from 0 to 100 percent.
- Weather Proof Cover: is corrosion-resistant and extremely durable. Electronics are potted or over-molded for added moisture shielding.
- Radiation Shield: protects from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
- Easy Installation with included mounting hardware kit.
- Bubble Level: Allows for more accurate installation and better data collection.
What’s in the Box?
Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS), LCD console, mounting hardware